Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Three Ways to Find Slope - Instructional Video 2 DRAFT

Here is a draft of my second instructional video. Please feel free to provide any feedback and/or suggestions.

Thanks for your input!!



10 comments:

Christine DePalo said...

Hi Adrienne ! The video was awesome. The only suggestions I can make are to keep the y = mx + b all lowercase in the formula in one spot it is all capital. The other thing was when you review at the end, maybe add the 3 ways in bullet form or something so they can recall them, either just the word or a picture of how to do it or both. I am using this in my class tomorrow since we had such a disaster with reviewing slope today and I will let you know how it goes because I think students have a hard time with this concept.

blahblahblog said...

Adrienne- First math video I've watched all the way through. Really well done and CLEAR. The only thing I can suggest is changing the color in the first one where the line is green. It's s little close to the green in the axis and it's hard to tell the difference. Otherwise - Adrienne Scorcese.

Lauren said...

This was great! It was well organized and your voice was clear. I wish I had a math teacher that made this as easy to understand as you did. The only thing I would suggest is to maybe make the font a little bit bigger, at some points it was a little bit small. Otherwise it was super!

Matt Maloney said...

Hey Crandall, good work on the video. Your video was very well presented and it was great that you gave three different ways to solve because as you know different students need different techniques to be successful. I di get lost a little in terms of paying attention. I think that you need something to keep you audience drawn in. If you can change your background maybe as you change ways to find slope that might work or if you can add some live video of you teaching. Just a little something to keep the attention of those kids. Just an idea, nice work.

Mixed Greens and Berries said...

Love the video; love your voice! - I learned something new - whoo hoo!

I think it sort of cuts off at the very end - you might want to shorten something, or cut down on some time in order to fit everything in. Math ROCKS!

Jon Mautschke said...

The only thing I think might be a helpful revision for viewers would be to number the x and y axis. Your voice was clear and your explanations were concise.
Jon

Nicole said...

Adrienne, your videos are ALWAYS very clear and you have such a great voice to give instructional lessons like these. Your video is very thorough and easy to understand. The only thing that I can suggest for some kind of constructive criticism is that maybe at the end when your last slide comes up, you can have the three major ways to fing slope pop up as you are going over them again. Nice job as usual!

EETEAMJeffhand said...

Nice job!! You covered everything from top to bottom. If I was going to teach this I would use your video. You covered each of the concepts and then summed them up again at the end which was good. The only think I would tell you to do is add a credits page to tell how you gave the presentation. Was that movie maker? Other than that it was awesome.

Doug M. said...

I loved it Adrienne. I want to use it next year!!!

Doug

Knitting Mac Faye said...

How is the ending? For me it cut out when you said "useful."