Now that I am able to actually create informative and instructional videos on certain math topics that my students can view, I have begun thinking about how my students themselves can use video within my classroom.
I think that I would create instructional videos on all four operations (adding, subtracting, multiplying, and dividing) of fractions. Then, I would assign the students to watch one of the instructional videos per night for homework. The next day in class I would go over certain problems regarding the video from the previous night and answer any questions. Then, when all instructional videos on fractions have been viewed and reviewed in class, I have each student create a video that summarizes all four of the operations. This will allow me to see what students still do not understand fractions as well as what students have a clear understanding. Plus the student created videos that are accurate and meaningful can be used with future classes of mine. After all, fractions seem to be one of the most common difficulties for children.
Wednesday, June 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment