I downloaded JING and decided to start experimenting with this new program and see where it took me.
As a math teacher, I find that students have difficulty using calculators when there are several buttons needed to be pressed in order to find the solution to a problem. Generally, my seventh and eighth grade students mix up the correct sequential order of the buttons needed. This will of course lead to an incorrect answer or an error on their calculator.
Therefore, I decided to create a tutorial for finding the square root of a number using a calculator. I know it is basic, but like I stated before I am a first time user of JING and I am trying to get an idea of the potential for this program. Below is the link that you can press to see what I created.
ENJOY!
Finding Square Roots
Sunday, November 9, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I love this little calculator tutorial. It is so cool! What a great way to use this in your class. Now I am excited to start trying it out!
Post a Comment