Friday, November 28, 2008

Google Docs

Sorry it has been awhile. I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving. God knows I sat like a beached whale on my couch for hours after our family meal!!

Anyway, today Rita and I used Google Docs to create our "Annual Professional Performance Review" (APPR) plan. It was so convenient to be able to work on a collaborative document together from the comforts of our own homes. The only thing that we both found frustrating is that it can be difficult to edit without disrupting the other person's editing on their own computer. So we ended up on the phone a lot in order to communicate and let each other know what we were working on. However, once we got our pace going we were able to complete the assignment with no problem. If I had never learned about Google Docs, Rita and I would have had to find a time to get together at school or after school in order to complete this project.

If you want to view our APPR, which happens to deal with technology, you can click on the link below.

http://docs.google.com/Doc?docid=dgkkn7nk_3drdq7qdw&hl=en

5 comments:

Mixed Greens and Berries said...

Yes, what a time saver!
I am THANKFUL for Google Docs!

Christine DePalo said...

Hi! I requested access. It won't let me look. I was hoping to steal some ideas from your format.

Jenny said...

What is APPR? Is that for class?

Crandall's Creation said...

APPR is an "Annual Professional Performance Review." Rather than being observed as a tenure teacher by your administrator, you may choose another option of demonstrating your professionalism whether it be a collaborative project with another teacher, a portfolio, or an action research project etc.

pauline said...

Hi, I also requested access but it said I was not allowed. Anyway, since I am not tenured and I'm being observed 4x's this year, this sounds awesome. I can't wait until I'm tenured at the end of next year, so that I can do APPR and use some of our new learned computer techniques.